Although DuraBath™ Natural Stone is waterproof, it is a natural stone slab that requires sealing upon installation. There are many different types of sealants available. Basic sealers can require resealing every year, especially in high traffic areas. StoneWalled™ Sealer, which is recommended by Re-Bath, will last for 10 years, and it’s backed by a warranty against staining.
Never use chemical cleaners on natural stone surfaces. While you can purchase a “stone” cleaner on the market, simply using a low pH dish washing detergent will be sufficient. Always use a soft cloth or sponge when wiping stone.
For any questions about accidental staining, please refer to the Marble Institute of America at www.marble-institute.com
DuraBath™ Acrylic Care, Cleaning and Maintenance
Re-Bath® products are manufactured from the finest, high-gloss, impact-resistant DuraBath™ material. DuraBath™ durable, non-porous surface is designed to provide years of use and enjoyment with reasonable care and maintenance. By cleaning your DuraBath™ Acrylic products regularly with approved cleaning agents, you can help them retain their beautiful finish.
Approved Household Cleaners
If diluted properly, the cleaners listed below have been tested and found to be safe for use on Re-Bath® bathtubs, shower bases and wall systems. It is VERY IMPORTANT to follow manufacturer instructions on the label regarding dilution. The cleaning effectiveness of these products may vary depending on the type and amount of soil, water hardness, types of soaps used, etc.
- Re-Bath® Tub & Shower Cleaner
- 7th Generation Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
- Air 101 All Purpose
- Ammonia (diluted)
- Aqua Buff (buffing compound)
- Bathroom Duck
- Bon Ami
- Citrasolv Plant Based Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- Clean Shower
- Clear Power
- Clorox Greenworks Natural Bathroom Cleaner
- Clorox Greenworks Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
- Comet Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner (diluted)
- Gelpro 50
- Glass Plus
- Lemon Lift
- Magic Reach Tub/Shower Pad
- Murphy Pure Vegetable Oil Soap
- Mrs. Myers Multi-Purpose Cleaner; Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner; Tub and Tile
- No Work Ceco-friendly)
- Orange Goop
- Pine sol
- Re- Bat h‘ Tub & Shower Cleaner
- Rub-A-Dub Tub-Scrub
- Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner
- Shockwave Disinfectant and Cleaner
- Simple Truth Organic ALL Purpose Cleaner
- Spearmint Disinfectant
- Top Job
- Wet and Forget Shower Spray
- Windex with Ammonia
General Bathroom Cleaning
Use only non-abrasive soap and water. Be sure to thoroughly rinse after each cleaning. Use a sponge, microfiber cloth or non-scratch pad with any approved cleaning product (listed above).
Heavy Cleaning or Stains
The following products are safe to use in cases of heavy staining (but are not recommended for regular cleaning):
- Clorox Clean-UP
- Formula 409
- Liquid Comet
- X-14 Soap Scum & Bath Cleaner
- Ajax Mildew & Stain
- Ajax Ultra
- Comet Homecare Gel
- Grease Lightening
As needed, scrub gently with a soft nylon brush using any approved cleaner (listed above). Use straight Palmolive dish detergent on stubborn stains. Do NOT use abrasive brushes or pads such as Scotch-Brite or any other abrasive products.
Gloss Finish Wall Surrounds
After daily or heavy duty cleaning, you can apply the following products to restore the gloss finish on a Re-Bath® wall system.
- Gel Gloss
- Micro Gloss
- Mirror Glaz
- J-Wax Turtlewax
- Kit Wax
- Do NOT use harsh chemicals such as bleach, vinegar, drain cleaners, lime removers, toilet bowl cleaners, hair dye or cleaners with abrasives.
- Do NOT use restore gloss finish products on matte wall surrounds.
- Do NOT use abrasive pads, steel wool or Teflon pads.