How much value is there in a bathroom remodel?
Next to “How much does it cost?” determining the return on a bathroom remodeling investment is typically top of mind with homeowners. An initial glance at the latest “Cost vs. Value” report gives the impression that value is down, but look closer and you’ll see that while the cost of a bathroom remodel has risen dramatically over the last 10 years, the value has remained largely unchanged.
Your best bet for getting the greatest return on your bathroom remodel investment? Spend wisely. A few ways to do just that:
- Keep your existing footprint.The main driver of costs is in redesigning the layout of your bathroom, especially when that leads to relocating plumbing and electrical wiring.
- Don’t take on DIY projects you aren’t confident in.Doing it yourself might save some money in the beginning, but when you run into problems, hiring last-minute help can be costly.
- Don’t settle for cheap solutions like hiding or covering your tub.If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Tub liners can be a hot bed for mold and mildew, and tub coatings just don’t last.
- Work only with licensed, insured professionals.Hiring unknown contractors without credentials can spell disaster for your bathroom remodel project. You might pay less up front, but constantly changing timelines and unexpected costs will drive your price up considerably.
- Work with one full-service remodeling company.Hiring a different contractor to handle each aspect of your remodel will most likely cost you more in the long run. Electricians, plumbers, designers, and installers each have their own profit margins so instead of paying one firm price, you could end up paying thousands more in additional fees and mark-ups.
So, how can you be sure you’re getting great quality at a fair price?
Start by knowing the average cost of a bathroom remodel. Then, look for a remodeling company that can offer you a turnkey solution and flexible options to help you stay within your budget.
Re-Bath’s exclusive “design to done” process is faster and less expensive than most other remodeling companies. And an abundance of options makes it easy to design your dream bathroom without breaking the bank. At Re-Bath, all we do is bathroom remodels. In fact, we’ve completed over one million bathroom remodels in the last 40 years, so you can rest easy knowing you’re getting the experience you want at the price you need.
Get your new bathroom completed correctly the first time – and typically within just a few days. Schedule your free in-home design consultation now.